|TrackAbout Support can create customized reports for you provide through the TrackAbout website or email subscription
|← Back to list
- TrackAbout Support can create customized reports for you.
- These reports can be either emailed to you on a schedule or they can appear in the Custom Reports section of your site.
- See the information below about these customized reports.
The standard price for setting up a reports is a one-time fee of US$699 per report. This applies to both Custom Reports and Scheduled Reports.
Some reports maybe be too large and complicated for this fee and may require a special quote. We will let you know if that is the case. There is no charge to contact us and discuss or estimate a report.
Changes to existing custom reports will be charged at $250 per hour.
To request a report, please fill out the Custom Report Template here and send it to Support along with a description of the problem the report is solving: File:CustomReportTemplate.xlsx
For more details or questions, please contact TrackAbout Support.
Getting the Data
There are two different ways that you can get these reports.
- For these reports, TrackAbout will set up a schedule for when the report is emailed to a list of recipients.
- For example: The 2nd of every month
- Another example: Every Sunday
- Unlike the Custom Reports, these scheduled reports do not support parameters since they are run unattended.
- The emails are sent between 4-5am US Eastern time. (9-10am UTC/Greenwich Mean Time)
- The report will be an attachment to the email. This will usually be in Microsoft Excel format, but other formats are available.
- The report can be sent to as many email addresses as you would like.
- Once created, these report are added to the Custom Reports section of your site (left side menu).
Sample Custom Reports page:
- Permission: Any user with the "View Custom Reports" permission will be able to see all custom reports. Customer Portal (formerly Follow-On Tracking) users do not have access to Custom Reports
Note that TrackAbout plans to give you more control with permissions for individual reports in the future.
- Users can download the reports from the site.
- Users can also email reports to one or more email addresses. This is done from the site. See screenshot below...
- First select the output type and then click to send the results via email:
Sample of parameter field types
- Text entry field (type or paste list)
- Drop-Down list (Cat, Grp, Type, Rental period, etc…)
- Date/time picker
- Check Boxes
The output can be in one of these formats
- Excel: This is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file. It is a 'real' spreadsheet file where you can sum the rows and do whatever else you can normally do in Excel.
- PDF: Adobe PDF format
- CSV: Comma Separated Value format. This is normally used if you want to import the data into some other system.
- XML: This is normally only used if you want to import the data into some other system.